IoT Solutions for Smart Building & Smart City
How can you use Smart City technology?
Street CCTV systems may be considered one of the first developments in the original concept of smart cities IoT. It consists of several layers, including Things (cameras), Transportation (wires), and a basic Cloud layer with analytics features (motion detection). But, Smart City is much more than improved surveillance.
The Smart City allows collection of information from traffic lights, parking, waste management, buildings and vehicles, which is then transmitted through communication networks to a versatile IoT data center for analysis. Plenty of cities and regions use these systems of thousands of devices to make the area more efficient, safe, green, and, of course, to optimize operations and reduce costs. Being a part of the city’s infrastructure, smart buildings can not only optimize internal maintenance costs but form a system with other buildings.
The benefits of Smart City solutions
- Decreased downtime for faulty equipment
- Effective resource management
- Smart meters and automatic billing
- Improved business metrics
- Early detection of possible issues
- Predictive and/or on-time maintenance
- Digital twins
- Transport infrastructure optimization
- Indoor navigation
- Interactive road signs and media boards
- Waste management
- Parking system oversight
- Road traffic and public transportation operations
- Predictive maintenance for roads, streetlights, etc
- Cost reduction for infrastructure maintenance
- Video surveillance analytics
- Public safety, access control and theft prevention
- Air/Water quality, monitoring of wastewater and noise levels
- Structural integrity monitoring for critical public objects
- Smart emergency services
PSA provides full-cycle EIoT implementation
PSA has been in business since 1993, and has had a front-row seat to the evolution of IoT technologies. Our experience allows us to be flexible, and we can offer you everything from upgrading legacy systems that maintain buildings, and the city’s infrastructure, to bespoke solutions for smart cities. We have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform IoT implementation at any stage of the project. NASA TRL methodology helps us to move from one stage to another competently and efficiently. Choose on stage, several stages, or full-cycle of IoT implementation.